The most popular margarita drinking day is here. We are talking about Cinco De Mayo and the best way to raise your glass this weekend is with the world’s number one cocktail and official drink of Cinco De Mayo … the margarita. Cinco De Mayo is observed in Puebla, Mexico to commemorate the Mexican army’s victory over the French in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. In the United States, it is a day to celebrate Mexican heritage and pride.
We want to help make sure your party goes smoothly. Here are some helpful articles from our website that can assist with your planning:
- 5 Best Cheap Tequilas For Margaritas
- Best Tequila For Margaritas
- Tips For Renting a Margarita Machine
Still can’t figure out what tequila to choose? We have reviewed many in our tequila review section, including these:
- Toro De Lidia Blanco Tequila Review
- Julio Cesar Chavez Blanco Tequila Review
- Milagro Silver Tequila Review
Here are a few of our favorite margarita recipes:
Blue Lagoon Margarita
- 1 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- Splash of Lime juice (or substitute splash of Margarita Texas Mix)
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
Mix ingredients in shaker with ice. Strain into margarita glass filled with ice, garnished with lime. Squeeze some lime juice over the top and serve.
Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita
- 2 oz Margarita Texas Mix
- 2 oz 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz blanco tequila
- 1 oz orange liqueur
- 2 jalapeno peppers
Muddle jalapeno pieces, add tequila and orange liqueur. Shake and strain over ice.
TIP: When first making this margarita, start with a small amount of jalapeno pepper to gauge your taste. Increase for a spicier drink.
- 1 ½ oz. tequila
- ¾ oz triple sec
- ¾ oz Midori
- 2 oz sour mix (suggested: Margarita Texas Mix)
- 6 oz cubed, seeded watermelon
- 8 oz ice
Blend all ingredients together; serve in a 14-ounce glass. Garnish with lime and watermelon wedge. Serve.
More at: margaritatexas.com/recipes